17th novembre 2020
We are holding a broadcast on the 19th November to look at the issues facing clients as the country prepares for the end of the Transition Period at the end of the year.
It’s easy to think that if you are only involved with countries outside the EU that Brexit will have little impact; but once the UK leaves the European Union, there will be a number matters clients need to be aware of, whether or not you trade with the European Union. Our Group Customs and Trade Compliance Manager, Ian Moran, will run through the new arrangements and provide an insight into the preparations covering such topics as:-
- The UK’s new Global Customs Tariff, which includes some changes in duty rates
- Potential new duty costs both in the UK and EU; learn about what happens next, as the changes could have additional duty implications to your business
- The state of trade negotiations with third countries, to replace those agreements negotiated by the EU
- Postponed accounting for VAT will be introduced, which will apply to imports from EU member states and imports from the rest of the world
- What arrangements are in place to minimise delays to goods moving to and from the EU?
- Are your suppliers really ready for Brexit
- Do you know what your new obligations are in the post Brexit era?
- Goods moving from the UK mainland to Northern Ireland will require to be declared to HMRC, are you ready for this new process?
The broadcast will commence at 14.30 hrs on 19th November and will last approximately one hour.
We’ll give you the facts and you’ll have the chance to send in any questions during the registration process. Our Customs Team will either address your questions during the broadcast, or if this is not possible, after the event.
We hope that you can join us. Places are limited, so please do let us know if you would like to join, or nominate a colleague.
Places will be allocated on a strictly first come first served basis.